FedEx World Headquarters
- FedEx’s World Headquarters and World Super Hub is located south of Memphis, basically on the Mississippi-Tennessee state line bordering our Delta Region to the North. FedEx could literally house their Headquarters and World Super Hub anywhere in the world, and they choose Memphis!
- FedEx has nonstop cargo flights from Memphis to cities across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and South America. FedEx ships roughly 548 million packages per year through Memphis via more than 51,000 flights through Memphis annually. If our transportation is optimal for FedEx, how good can it be for you?
Our Cluster of Major Distribution Centers
- Cardinal Health
- Dollar General
- Helen of Troy
- Performance Food Group
- Williams Sonoma
Foreign Trade Zone
- FTZ 287 is located in Tunica County, a Delta Strong County. This allows you to reduce, eliminate, or defer duties on imported goods.
- Mississippi is a Right-To-Work State
- The following quantities of skilled workers are currently employed in our region:
- 17,627 Heavy and Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- 11,643 Team Assemblers
- 7,999 Light Truck or Delivery Services Drivers
- 7,345 Packers and Packagers, Hand
- 6,483 Shipping, Receiving, and Traffic Clerks
- 6,333 Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
- 3,180 Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, and Weighers
- 2,243 Packaging and Filling Machine Operators
- 2,048 First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machinery
- 1,524 Transportation, Storage, and Distribution Managers
- 1,417 Weighers, Measureres, Checkers, and Samplers, Recordkeeping
- 834 Cargo and Freight Agents
- 754 Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- 739 Logisticians
- Port of Greenville
- Greenville Port Terminal transfers bulk, break-bulk, and project cargo to suit YOUR needs. Wharf-type double pier with concrete dock. Shallow draft, slack water natural harbor, 11 miles long. 250-ft. minimum channel width, with a harbor front minimum channel width of 500 ft. and a fleeting area capable of holding several hundred barges.
- Designated U.S. Port of Entry.
- Certified truck scales.
- Rail scales (not certified for trade).
- One Sennebogen 835 crane for barge loading and unloading.
- A LST 218 Linkbelt crawler crane, with a 4½-yard bucket.
- Harbor and fleeting service available.
- Marine dry-dock and repair services.
- Bulk truck/rail loading conveyers.
- 5,000-lb. to 52,000-lb. forklifts.
- Scrap handling magnets.
- 22,000-sq.-ft. climate-controlled warehouse.
- Open yard hard stand storage.
- Grain, liquid bulk, L.P. gas, sand and gravel terminals.
- 60-ton All Weather Bridge Crane that covers four barges at once.
- 25-cy clamshell bucket for loading bulk cargo to truck or rail under covered structure.
- Some companies located in the port: Sims Metal Management, Scott Petroleum, APAC Mississippi, Mississippi Marine, Farmers Grain Terminal, Gavilon Fertilizer, US Coast Guard
- Port of Rosedale
- 3.3-mile slack water harbor; located 585 A.H.P. Lower MS River, 15 river miles south of Arkansas Navigation System. Primary staging area for barges to/from Arkansas Navigation System with fleeting area in excess of 300 barges. "T" shaped dock with 150-ton crane, 5-cu.-yd. clam bucket, truck hopper, 200-TPH dry-bulk truck-to-barge loading system, 500-TPH dry-bulk barge-to-truck unloading system. Dry-bulk truck-to-railcar/ railcar-to-truck transfer system.
- 20,000-sq.-ft. humidity-controlled warehouse with cargo dock on North and South sides of warehouse, outside concrete storage area
- 8,000-lb. to 30,000-lb. forklifts
- Skid steer loaders
- Certified truck scales
- Harbor/fleeting service
- Barge cleaning, marine dry-dock and repair service.
- Fully developed 100-year flood-free hydraulic-filled and natural elevation acreage adjacent to slack water channel available for lease.
- Fully developed 250-acre industrial park on land-side of the MS Levee System, which adjoins two state highways.
- Stevedoring services
- Cargo dock (coil steel, coil rod, cottonseed & cottseed hulls, ligtering/shifting cargoes)
- Dry-bulk loading/unloading dock (soybeans, rice, winterwheat, corn, limestone & standstone aggregates, fertilizers, damaged wheat & grain)
- True intermodal facility
- Available industrial parcels, including hydraulic fill acerage & natural elevation, customized training, and year-round service.
- Some companies located in the port: Jantran, Cives Steel, Axel Americas, Sanders, Bunge North America, Gavilon Grain, Louis Dreyfus Commodities, Helena Chemical, APAC.
Community College Program
- Northwest Mississippi Community College has developed a variety of distribution workforce training programs to serve the needs of the industry.
- NWMCC has trained 349 forklift operators in the last two years.
- NWMCC has offered more than 50 classes that are provided for specific companies
- NWMCC also offers open classes to meet companies’ pre-employment training needs.
- Click here for more information: http://www.northwestms.edu/index.php/?page_id=573
- The Center for Logistics, Trade, and Transportation (CLTT) at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg provides a competitive advantage to logistics and supply chain businesses and government agencies through its Logistics, Trade and Transportation programs.
- CLTT’s areas of expertise include logistics and supply chain modeling, infrastructure security and hazards, geographic information systems (GIS) analysis, transportation systems evaluation and freight-based economic development.
Electric Power Savings
- We have numerous electric providers meaning if you supply us a sample electric bill we can literally find you our cheapest provider in our region.
- Click here to see more available real estate: Available Buildings & Sites